Re: APR 1.0 released

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Jim C(dot) Nasby" <decibel(at)decibel(dot)org>
Cc: Sailesh Krishnamurthy <sailesh(at)cs(dot)berkeley(dot)edu>, Christopher Browne <cbbrowne(at)acm(dot)org>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: APR 1.0 released
Date: 2004-10-08 00:36:33
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Added to TODO:

* Consider parallel processing a single query

This would involve using multiple threads or processes to do optimization,
sorting, or execution of single query. The major advantage of such a
feature would be to allow multiple CPUs to work together to process a
single query.

Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us