Re: PostgreeSQL C header files

From: Michael Fuhr <mike(at)fuhr(dot)org>
To: Christian Kienle <christian-kienle(at)losg(dot)org>
Cc: "pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PostgreeSQL C header files
Date: 2003-12-23 22:02:41
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, Dec 23, 2003 at 09:58:39PM +0100, Christian Kienle wrote:
> at the moment I try to write a little CGI library written in C++. I want offer
> a PostgreeSQL interface for all the user of my CGI library.
> Is there any book or a good documentation how I use the C headerfiles Postgree
> SQL hopefully offers?

See the "Client Interfaces" and possibly the "Server Programming"
sections in the PostgreSQL manual:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/client-interfaces.html
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/server-programming.html

The examples in the contrib directory of the source distribution might
also be helpful.

> (I have already searched the PostgreeSQL hp and looked throw the documentation
> - I found nothing ;(( )

What info are you looking for that isn't covered in the manual sections
mentioned above?

--
Michael Fuhr
http://www.fuhr.org/~mfuhr/