large objects and pg 7.3.x

From: Andre Felipe Machado <andremachado(at)techforce(dot)com(dot)br>
To: pgsql-odbc(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: large objects and pg 7.3.x
Date: 2003-08-19 00:31:18
Lists: pgsql-odbc

Hello,
I am trying to use OpenOffice 1.1RC2 and its forms to store images (large
objects) into a postgresql 7.3.2 connected through psqlodbc when at windows
and unixodbc when at linux.
Since pg 7.3.0, the prescribed workaround to create a new type "lo" does not
work anymore.
I already tested the semi-official postgresql-contrib package that contains a
"lo" implementation in c and sql.
It works nicely.
I can store and extract images (jpeg, gif) from database and the trigger
launches db cleanup when deleting.

Reading the code, with my limited skill, I found the following files
containing large objects code in the psqlodbc:
connection.c
convert.c
execute.c
pgtypes.c
statements.c
And their companion h files.

Please, is this possible to modify psqlodbc to use the semi-official "lo"
implementation?
Regards.
Andre Felipe