Re: pg environment? metadata?

From: Christopher Kings-Lynne <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>
To: Bruno Wolff III <bruno(at)wolff(dot)to>
Cc: Christoph Haller <ch(at)rodos(dot)fzk(dot)de>, <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <db(at)juventuz(dot)net>
Subject: Re: pg environment? metadata?
Date: 2003-02-18 14:54:57
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > each one
>
> Based on discussions in the past that I have loosely followed, I believe
> there is some kind of standard and that views implementing some of this
> standard are slated to go into 7.4.

Well, if you're referring to the standard INFORMATION_SCHEMA, it is
already in 7.4 and it is standard. You can't inspect it to find out
postgres-specific information tho. You can actually grab the
information_schema.sql from 7.4 CVS and install it into 7.3 to create a
new 'information_schema' quite happily though.

Regards,

Chris