Re: Postgres idea list

From: Josh Berkus <josh(at)agliodbs(dot)com>
To: Dave Cramer <Dave(at)micro-automation(dot)net>
Cc: "pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Postgres idea list
Date: 2002-06-26 18:50:05
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Dave,

> 1) There is an open source implementation of java

Really? I thought Sun had a patent.

> 2) The jdbc driver is much better than it was recently we have made lots
> of improvements, and it won't affect jpgadmin anyway. I actually think
> writing the admin tool in java will make the driver better.

That's great news, especially as we are planning to write a small business
accounting package using Postgres, OpenOffice.org, and Java.

> 3) Don't see this as a big issue we aren't writing something esoteric
> here.

Cool. As I said, I don't think that any of the issues are prohibitive.

BTW, does anyone on this list know about Command Prompt, Inc.'s tools? There
seems to be a lot of duplicte development going on in the commercial space.

-Josh Berkus