User rights across databases

From: Francisco Reyes <lists(at)natserv(dot)com>
To: pgsql General List <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: User rights across databases
Date: 2001-12-12 17:59:11
Lists: pgsql-general

Do user permissions exist accros databases?
I have two databases, one production one test, where I have tables with
the same names. I was going to add users to the test database and the
server responded that the users already existed. How are the permissions
controlled for tables with the same name accros different databases?