Re: perl vs php for postgresql

From: Zak McGregor <zak(at)mighty(dot)co(dot)za>
To: "John" <vze23skh(at)verizon(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: perl vs php for postgresql
Date: 2001-05-22 21:30:53
Lists: pgsql-general

On Tue, 22 May 2001 02:48:58 GMT
"John" <vze23skh(at)verizon(dot)net> wrote:

> It seems that I having problems locating the DBM:Pg module. I even
followed
> the instructions on compiling postgresql to support it. My perl
scripts
> don't seem to know about a Pg module and I have not had any luck
finding
> answers. Is is easier to use php with postgresql? Will I have the same
kinds
> of problems? Thanks for any advice.

Check the following:
1 - Pg.pm is in your @INC, and has permissions sufficient for the user
executing the perl script to read it.
2 - have you tried perl -e shell -MCPAN as root, and then typing
"install DBD::Pg"?
3 - If you're running your perl script through a webserver, try also
running from command line & see what errors you get
4 - Try a simple perl script, eg perl -e 'use Pg; print "done\n";' and
see if that too gives problems
5 - verify the existance and permissions of Pg.so - it needs to be in
@INC as well, and I *think* it needs 755 perms.
6 - check your versions of Postgres & Pg.
7 - post short sample script and full complete errors if the above fails

HTH

Ciao

Zak

Zak McGregor
http://www.carfolio.com - Specifications of cars online. Over 7000!
Of course my password is the same as my pet's name.
My macaw's name was Q47pY!3, but I change it every 90 days.