Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp()

From: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Barry Lind <barry(at)xythos(dot)com>, pgsql-patches(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Patch for jdbc ResultSet.getTimestamp()
Date: 2001-05-17 04:15:41
Lists: pgsql-patches

> > I can not backpatch this to 7.1.X because we are only adding major bug
> > fixes into that release.
>
> Why is that? afaik any bug fix is a candidate for the stable tree, as
> long as someone is willing to take responsibility for its level of risk
> and appropriateness. Something which fixes a clearly incorrect behavior
> would seem appropriate, especially if it is as concise and specific as
> is the case for this patch.
>
> Would you like someone else to vet the patch before we apply it? Or
> better yet have someone else who is compiling and using JDBC do so with
> this applied?

I have JDBC2 here, and can test the compile. I am focusing on the CVS
because I have major jdbc patches back to February already applied.
There are so many fixes in CVS now, I am not sure how valuable 7.1.2
jdbc will be even with this one patch.

I certainly will not be applying any jdbc stuff to 7.1.X. I was told
not to apply stuff during beta. I am sure not going to apply anything
to a minor release.

--
Bruce Momjian | http://candle.pha.pa.us