how to obtain latest beta release?

From: Fred Yankowski <fred(at)ontosys(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: how to obtain latest beta release?
Date: 2001-01-17 21:25:36
Lists: pgsql-general

How can I get the latest PostgreSQL beta release?

I used CVS to get the HEAD revision of the source tree, and that
builds OK on my NT machine, but 13 of the 76 regression tests failed.
Many of the diffs look harmless, but some look dangerous. Is the HEAD
version safe to use?

If the HEAD version is not safe, what then? I see tags like
REL7_1_BETA3 -- can I get a stable version by checking out the version
of that tag? Or is there a snapshot somewhere that I can download?

--
Fred Yankowski fred(at)OntoSys(dot)com tel: +1.630.879.1312
Principal Consultant www.OntoSys.com fax: +1.630.879.1370