server permissions for sql copy

From: Andrew Gould <andrewgould(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: server permissions for sql copy
Date: 2000-12-01 12:52:31
Lists: pgsql-general

Good morning,

I'm running PostgreSQL 7.0.2 on Caldera eDesktop 2.4.
when I try to use the SQL COPY command in psql, I get
an error message informing me that the backend could
not open the file for reading. I think the error
number was 13 - Permission denied. I changed the
permissions of the directory and file to
world-readable; but I still get the same error
message.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I should
try next?

Thanks,

Andrew Gould