how can I mirror a postgres database

From: Dronamraju Rajesh <drajesh80(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: pgsql-admin(at)postgreSQL(dot)org, pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: how can I mirror a postgres database
Date: 2000-10-01 01:39:56
Lists: pgsql-admin pgsql-sql

Hi all,

I am having postgres6.5 installed on a remote
linux server. Now i have installed the same scenario
in a local machine. Now i want to update my local
machine with any transaction or changes made in remote
machine. something like a oracle parallel server.
where if one machine breaks down due to some reason
the other machine can take over as it has all the data
with it.

I want to move my complete database with critical
data on to postgres. can anybody please suggest how do
i do it as the server is a mission critical server.

any suggestions are appreciated and thanks for all
of the suggestions in advance.

Thanks & Regards
Rajesh.