How big a database will PostgreSQL support?

From: Damien Tougas <dtougas(at)converging(dot)net>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: How big a database will PostgreSQL support?
Date: 2000-03-11 23:13:10
Lists: pgsql-general

Hello,

We have a database project that we are going to be designing, and I
was wondering how big can things get? I am new at this stuff, so I
really have no idea as to what the limitations really are.
Does anyone have approximate numbers in terms of # of tables, rows and
columns? Are there any formulas or rules of thumb that one can apply?

Also, in terms of database design, am I better off having one big table
with 10 million rows or 1000 tables with 10000 rows?

Thank you for your assistance.

--
Damien Tougas, P.Eng.
Converging Technology Solutions, Inc.