Re: How big a database will PostgreSQL support?

From: Ed Loehr <eloehr(at)austin(dot)rr(dot)com>
To: Damien Tougas <dtougas(at)converging(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: How big a database will PostgreSQL support?
Date: 2000-04-10 23:47:25
Lists: pgsql-general

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.6
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/faq-english.html#4.7

> Also, in terms of database design, am I better off having one big table
> with 10 million rows or 1000 tables with 10000 rows?

Seems like each time someone asks questions like this, a few people will
say, "It all depends...define your requirements, study up on E-R modelling
and normalization in the process of defining your data model, and then
you'll be on your way to answering these questions." Others will jump in
and start designing your tables for you. Sounds like the former might be
advisable.

Regards,
Ed Loehr