Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence

From: Brett McCormick <brett(at)work(dot)chicken(dot)org>
To: "Vadim B(dot) Mikheev" <vadim(at)sable(dot)krasnoyarsk(dot)su>
Cc: Jan Wieck <jwieck(at)debis(dot)com>, PostgreSQL HACKERS <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] Views on aggregates - need assistence
Date: 1998-02-24 04:59:10
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thank you for addressing this issue! It has been bugging me for a
while. Usually I just select into a new table and select from that
(but yes, it is multiple queries). Normally I want to do something
like:

select bar,count(a.oid) as c from a,b where a.ab = b.bar and c > 1;

This actually seems to be a different issue with more complicated
unresolvable (?) problems, because you want a pre-result (per
combination of instances matched) where and a result where (per result
tuple).. Is this possible to do using subqueries? I'll try to find out.

This might be totally unrelated, actually. I do not know enough about
view system to understand unresolvable conflicts.

--brett