Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Urbański <wulczer(at)wulczer(dot)org>
Cc: Robert Haas <robertmhaas(at)gmail(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Shigeru HANADA <hanada(at)metrosystems(dot)co(dot)jp>
Subject: Re: autogenerating error code lists (was Re: [COMMITTERS] pgsql: Add foreign data wrapper error code values for SQL/MED.)
Date: 2010-12-26 19:33:15
Lists: pgsql-committers pgsql-hackers

=?UTF-8?B?SmFuIFVyYmHFhHNraQ==?= <wulczer(at)wulczer(dot)org> writes:
> I then tried to do the same for plerrcodes.h, but found discrepancies.

You shouldn't assume that errcodes.h necessarily includes all the info
needed to create the other two files.

The way I'd envision this working is that we have a master file
containing the five-letter SQLSTATE code, the ERRCODE macro name,
the string name to use in plerrcodes.h, and any other required items,
and then generate all three of the existing files from that.