Re: [HACKERS] 6.5.1 status

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] 6.5.1 status
Date: 1999-06-29 03:46:11
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Bruce Momjian <maillist(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us> writes:
> We are two weeks after the 6.5 release, and the anticipated
> problems/patches/porting issues never really materialized.
> I would suspect that fewer people are using PostgreSQL, but I know that
> is not true. Seems the two months of beta really got out the bugs.

I think we did pretty well.

> What do people want to do now? Does anyone want to start on 6.6? Do we
> want to release 6.5.1? Should we relax for a few more weeks and bask in
> the stable release?

IMHO we do need to make a 6.5.1 release --- I know I have a couple of
stupid bugs in 6.5 :-(. But it is not urgent; we could wait another
couple of weeks and see if anything else pops up.

Probably the nearer decision is when to split the tree for 6.6.
Is anyone ready to start on new stuff for 6.6? The argument that
we wanted to avoid double-patching is looking less compelling with
so few patches, so I'm ready to see a tree split as soon as anyone
has anything to commit into 6.6 only...