Re: libpq++ build now checks make rc

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: "'Bruce Momjian'" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: libpq++ build now checks make rc
Date: 2000-05-04 01:32:20
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at> writes:
> I am sorry I did not notice, that libpq++.so does not build correctly on AIX
> using gcc,
> because it:
> 1. misses symbols that g++ code needs (libstdc++)
> 2. the exportfile has demangled C++ symbols (would need nm -C)

> I guess this problem shows up on all platforms that don't use the compiler
> to build libs.

Hmm, does the hack in the libpq++ Makefile for irix5 platform also
apply to AIX?

FWIW, HPUX doesn't use the compiler to build shlibs, but I haven't seen
any such failure here...

> So could you please revert that change again, so the build continues.

We have never shipped any prior release with libpq++ success check
disabled, and I don't much like the idea of changing that for 7.0.
Are you claiming that libpq++ used to build on AIX? If so, what's
changed since 6.5?