Re: Another pgindent gripe

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
Cc: Hackers <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Another pgindent gripe
Date: 2005-11-07 14:45:22
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> I have another gripe regarding pgindent. Why does it change indenting
> of function declarations?

What it's doing is indenting the additional lines in the same way as
they'd be indented in the function definition, that is

static void foo(int p1,
int p2);

static void
foo(int p1,
int p2)
{ ...

I've always thought this was pretty stupid, too --- I think it'd look
nicer as

static void foo(int p1,
int p2);

But I dunno whether it is easily fixable. It's always done that AFAIR.