Re: possible wierd boolean bug?

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com>
Cc: "Bruce Momjian" <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: possible wierd boolean bug?
Date: 2004-12-14 20:37:31
Lists: pgsql-hackers

"Merlin Moncure" <merlin(dot)moncure(at)rcsonline(dot)com> writes:
> Try it with explain/analyze which reports 4 rows.

I don't see four rows. I do see different results when I add the third
redundant WHERE clause: it switches to a different index and fails to
find the row it should find. I suspect the problem is located in the
btree index scan setup code that I changed to support cross-data-type
comparisons. (7.4 does not fail, but it doesn't try to use the index
fully either.)

I'm on it... thanks for the test case!