Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: "Thomas G(dot) Lockhart" <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org
Subject: Re: [HACKERS] make install fails in perl5 ...
Date: 1998-10-27 23:19:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

OK, I've fixed the perl5 permissions problem and verified that it
actually works right :-). I didn't check in any changes to the
install.sgml file, but suggest you add something like this
right after the "make install" step:

<Step Performance="optional">
<Para>
If you used the <option>--with-perl</option> option to configure, check
the install log to see whether the Perl module was actually installed.
If you've followed our advice to make the Postgres files be owned by
an unprivileged userid, then the Perl module won't have been installed,
for lack of write privileges on the Perl library directories. You can
complete its installation, either now or later, by su'ing to the user that
does own the Perl library and doing
<ProgramListing>
$ cd /usr/src/pgsql/src/interfaces/perl5
$ gmake install
</ProgramListing>
</Para>
</Step>