Re: GPL Licensed Files in 8.1.4

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca>
Cc: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: GPL Licensed Files in 8.1.4
Date: 2006-06-07 19:51:33
Lists: pgsql-general

Andrew Sullivan <ajs(at)crankycanuck(dot)ca> writes:
> At the same time, it strikes me that at least the userlock stuff, and
> maybe dbmirror as well, are candidates for pgfoundry rather than
> contrib/

We'd already agreed to move dbmirror to pgfoundry, but it just didn't
get done for 8.1. I had not thought of pgfoundry as a reasonable
solution for userlock, but maybe that's the best thing to do with it.

A better idea would be to contact the module authors and get them to
relicense, but that might be hard. Dal Zotto at least hasn't been
seen on these lists for a long time :-(