Re: Re: pg_upgrade

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, PostgreSQL Development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Re: pg_upgrade
Date: 2001-03-19 08:07:35
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)alumni(dot)caltech(dot)edu> writes:
> If it doesn't work, and will not be made to work, then let's remove it
> from the tree.

I tend to agree with Peter's slightly less drastic proposal: remove it
from the installed fileset and disable its man page, without necessarily
'cvs remove'ing all the source files. (I see we have already removed
all the other documentation references to it, so disconnecting the ref
page from reference.sgml should be sufficient.)

I hope that pg_upgrade will be of use again in the future, so even
though it can't work for 7.1, a scorched-earth policy is not the way
to go...