Re: Constraint stuff

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com>
Cc: Stephan Szabo <sszabo(at)megazone23(dot)bigpanda(dot)com>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Constraint stuff
Date: 2000-08-07 20:23:36
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Jan Wieck <janwieck(at)Yahoo(dot)com> writes:
> PL/Tcl and PL/pgSQL will load a function's source only once a
> session. The functions loaded are identified by OID, so if
> you drop/create a function, the PL handler will simply load a
> different function too (from his point of view). At the time
> we are able to ALTER a function, we might want to include
> some version counter to pg_proc and in the fmgr_info?

More generally, the PL functions need to be able to deal with
recomputing saved plans after an ALTER of a table referenced by the
function. I haven't really thought about how to do that ... but it
seems like Stephan's idea of a table showing referencers and referencees
might help detect the cases where plans have to be flushed.