Re: BUG #15892: URGENT: Using an ICU collation in a primary key column breaks ILIKE query

From: Arthur Zakirov <a(dot)zakirov(at)postgrespro(dot)ru>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Daniel Verite <daniel(at)manitou-mail(dot)org>, James Inform <james(dot)inform(at)pharmapp(dot)de>, Peter Eisentraut <peter(dot)eisentraut(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>, pgsql-bugs(at)lists(dot)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: BUG #15892: URGENT: Using an ICU collation in a primary key column breaks ILIKE query
Date: 2019-08-12 09:12:13
Lists: pgsql-bugs

On 12.08.2019 00:32, Tom Lane wrote:
> This topic seems to have slipped through the cracks, which is too bad
> because we surely could have gotten it fixed in time for last week's
> releases. Oh well.

It is true. Also July commitfest had started by that time and it wasn't
possible to add a new entry.

> I think Daniel's patch leaves more on the table than it needs to,
> and I don't like Arthur's patch because it's assuming more than it
> should about whether it's okay to pass a "char" to u_isalpha().
> I propose that we do things as attached, instead.

Yeah, u_isalpha() wasn't such good idea here. BTW Daniel already
mentioned it above.

With the patch regression tests pass for me and James test case works
fine as expected.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company