Re: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX

From: Pete Forman <pete(dot)forman(at)westerngeco(dot)com>
To: Zeugswetter Andreas SB <ZeugswetterA(at)wien(dot)spardat(dot)at>
Cc: lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org, "'pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org'" <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: AW: AW: AW: Re: tinterval - operator problems on AIX
Date: 2001-01-18 11:26:42
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Zeugswetter Andreas SB writes:
> The down side is, that I did not do a configure test, and did not
> incooperate IRIX, since I didn't know what define to check.
>
> The correct thing to do instead of the #if defined (_AIX) would be
> to use something like #ifdef NO_NEGATIVE_MKTIME and set that with a
> configure.

I agree that configure is the way to go. What if someone has
installed a third party library to provide a better mktime() and
localtime()?

But to answer your question, #if defined (__sgi) is a good test for
IRIX, at least with the native compiler. I can't speak for gcc.
--
Pete Forman -./\.- Disclaimer: This post is originated
WesternGeco -./\.- by myself and does not represent