Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate

From: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)alvh(dot)no-ip(dot)org>
Subject: Re: PL/php in pg_pltemplate
Date: 2005-11-24 15:41:01
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Alvaro Herrera wrote:
>> Is anybody opposed to having PL/php in pg_pltemplate in the 8.1
>> branch? If not, I will add it on monday. (I plan to add it to 8.2 at
>> the same time.)

> pg_pltemplate should only be used for languages that are included in the
> PostgreSQL source tree.

I don't see any strong reason for enforcing that as policy, if the
language maintainer wants an entry. (But is Alvaro the maintainer of
pl/php?) My recollection is that we identified some pros and cons of
having listings for non-core languages, and decided it should be up to
the language maintainers to decide what they want.