Re: MS SQL Server compatibility functions

From: "Pollard, Mike" <mpollard(at)cincom(dot)com>
To: "Christopher Kings-Lynne" <chriskl(at)familyhealth(dot)com(dot)au>, "Mario Weilguni" <mweilguni(at)sime(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>, "Bill Bartlett" <bbartlett(at)softwareanalytics(dot)com>, "Fredrik Olsson" <fredrik(dot)olsson(at)treyst(dot)se>
Subject: Re: MS SQL Server compatibility functions
Date: 2005-11-24 15:38:12
Lists: pgsql-hackers

If you're referring to my procedure for newid(), then it was just
because of pure laziness; it was an internal proof of concept project,
and I was still concentrating on getting it working.

Mike Pollard
SUPRA Server SQL Engineering and Support
Cincom Systems, Inc.
Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and
remove all doubt.
Abraham Lincoln