Re: Comments on system tables and columns

From: Alvaro Herrera <alvherre(at)commandprompt(dot)com>
To: Thom Brown <thom(at)linux(dot)com>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Comments on system tables and columns
Date: 2011-03-28 15:03:14
Lists: pgsql-hackers

Excerpts from Thom Brown's message of lun mar 28 08:14:07 -0300 2011:
> Hi,
>
> I notice that none of the system tables or columns thereof bear any
> comments. Is this intentional, or an oversight? I would have thought
> comments would be useful since the column names aren't exactly always
> self-explanatory.

Bruce has been working on changes to have catalog objects (tables, views
and columns) contain comments, but he deferred it to 9.2 because it
involved nontrivial pieces of infrastructure (mainly to avoid
duplication with the SGML catalog documentation).