ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)

From: Simon Riggs <simon(at)2ndQuadrant(dot)com>
To: Bruce Momjian <bruce(at)momjian(dot)us>
Cc: PostgreSQL-development <pgsql-hackers(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: ANNOUNCE list (was Re: New PGXN Extension site)
Date: 2010-06-16 10:27:17
Lists: pgsql-announce pgsql-hackers pgsql-www

On Tue, 2010-06-15 at 16:12 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> This was just posted to announce.

I notice you mention that this was just posted to the ANNOUNCE list.

Who is it that moderates the announce list?

The postings made by David Fetter on 13 June and postings by David
Wheeler on 15 June were both approved within an hour of posting.

Critically important posting by Lacey Powers on Monday, approximately 40
hours early was held in the queue.

Also, an item by Koichi Suzuki was held in the queue since 8 June, and
also an item by myself was held in the queue since 11 June.

Why is there significant delay on important posts, yet some posts go
almost straight though? Every time I use Announce my posts are delayed
for about 4-5 days.

Why do some posts jump the queue, appearing to imply the moderator is
being selective in releasing some, yet not others?

Do we need some more moderators?

--
Simon Riggs www.2ndQuadrant.com