Partitioned table limitation

From: Goboxe <hadzramin(dot)ar(at)gmail(dot)com>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Partitioned table limitation
Date: 2007-10-01 09:17:47
Lists: pgsql-general

Hi,

Are there any limitations on number of child tables that can be use
in
partitioned table?

I am currently having weekly partitioned tables (using partitioned
view in SQL Server) that I kept for 2 years.
In total, there will be 52 * 2 = 104 tables exist at one time in the
partition.

I am migrating from SQL Server to pg. Can pg support that number of
tables?

How about if I want to convert it as daily tables (356 * 2 years =
712
tables).
Is this recommended?

FYI, currently each weekly table storeing between 28 to 32 millions
records (approx 4-5 millions recs daily)

Thanks,