jdbc driver performance TODO

From: "Simon Riggs" <simon(at)2ndquadrant(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: jdbc driver performance TODO
Date: 2006-10-27 22:57:49
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

I'm interested in updating the performance TODO list for the jdbc
driver. I want to refresh the TODO list with any new items people are
aware of, plus make sure each item has a link to an agreed design if one
exists.

Forgive me for the observation, but the current list does seem to be a
little out of date:
- Add statement pooling to take advantage of server prepared statements.
- Allow scrollable ResultSets to not fetch all results in one batch.
- Allow refcursor ResultSets to not fetch all results in one batch.
- Allow binary data transfers for all datatypes not just bytea.

Could I shake the tree for any new performance suggestions? Or maybe not
new exactly, but just not listed. Lots of detail please....

--
Simon Riggs