backup using cron

From: Robert Fitzpatrick <robert(at)webtent(dot)com>
To: PostgreSQL <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: backup using cron
Date: 2004-07-06 17:41:15
Lists: pgsql-general

I'm sure this has been discussed many times. I can find references to
the problem in the archives, but decided to query the list here instead
of sifting through archives all day.

Is there a way to automate backup (perhaps using cron)? Of course, I am
having problems when requiring passwords. I do not want to provide
passwordless access via pg_hba.conf, then anyone could see the database
if they know the user name, correct? I am running version 7.4.3.

--
Robert