Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?

From: Anony Mous <A(dot)Mous(at)shaw(dot)ca>
To: pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Do we need more emphasis on backup?
Date: 2004-07-06 17:25:07
Lists: pgsql-docs pgsql-general

Scary if the person has a DBA background. But there are lots of people,
like myself, who find themselves doing this sort of work and do not have the
formal training (small business, small db, but still an important part of
the business IS). Now, I know my limits and I would not take on the task of
administering a high-volume, mission-critical DB. Nonetheless, there are
many tips, tricks, and gotcha's that I have yet to learn.

I welcome an FAQ on this subject and genuinely appreciate the efforts of
those who create it. It will make me a better "wanna-be"!