Re: data=writeback

From: Chris <list(at)1006(dot)org>
To: pgsql-performance(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: data=writeback
Date: 2004-04-08 09:01:29
Lists: pgsql-performance

> LABEL=/usr/local/pgsql /usr/local/pgsql ext3
> noatime,data=writeback 1 2
> LABEL=/usr/local/pgsql /usr/local/pgsql/wal ext3
> noatime,data=ordered 1 2

The same label mounted on two different mount points is probably I typo?

I'm not sure if data=writeback is ok. I was wondering about the same
thing after reading the "good pc but bad performance,why?" thread.

This is from man mount:

writeback
Data ordering is not preserved - data may be written into
the main file system after its metadata has been commit-
ted to the journal. This is rumoured to be the highest-
throughput option. It guarantees internal file system
integrity, however it can allow old data to appear in
files after a crash and journal recovery.

How does this relate to fflush()? Does fflush still garantee
all data has ben written?

Bye, Chris.