Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?

From: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
To: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>
Cc: Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?
Date: 2002-02-18 19:38:07
Lists: pgsql-hackers

I guess I jumped the gun in my previous message as I hadn't read this
one yet. I completely agree with Marc on this topic. What is the logic
for simply not snap-shoting what really is 7.2 and move on with 7.3
while allowing 7.2.x to occur on the branch for migration on a later
day?

Has this been problematic in the past?

Greg