Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?

From: Thomas Lockhart <lockhart(at)fourpalms(dot)org>
To: Greg Copeland <greg(at)CopelandConsulting(dot)Net>
Cc: "Marc G(dot) Fournier" <scrappy(at)hub(dot)org>, Justin Clift <justin(at)postgresql(dot)org>, Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Ready to branch 7.2/7.3 ?
Date: 2002-02-19 06:48:40
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> Has this been problematic in the past?

No problem, but for most previous releases the primary developers were
tired after pushing for the release, and a modest code slowdown after
release was welcome by all. It usually lasted a month or less and
allowed us to focus on problem reports from the new release without
getting those lost in the overall noise of new development.

As others have pointed out, 7.2 dragged on longer than anyone expected,
and maybe at least some of the "release issues" were fixed before
release.

Hmm, maybe one reason that things dragged out was that we *didn't*
engage the new developers as much as we could have, otherwise y'all
would be tired too ;)

hth

- Thomas