Re: [SQL] postgresql and java2

From: "Peter Mount" <peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk>
To: "JavierG" <javierg(at)softel(dot)cu>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>, <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: [SQL] postgresql and java2
Date: 2000-08-15 09:15:58
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-sql

First sorry for the late reply, I only get this list from home, and just got email working again.

I was working on ARRAY and STRUCT for 7.0, but it a snag. I couldn't get a grips with what the spec meant, and couldn't work out how the SQL3 ARRAY type relates to our arrays. From the documentation I have (JDBC API Tutorial and Reference, Second Edition) it mentions things like CREATE TYPE statements, etc. I'm not sure if we could implement them purely within JDBC/Java.

Peter

--
Peter T Mount peter(at)retep(dot)org(dot)uk, me(at)petermount(dot)com
Homepage: http://www.retep.org.uk Contact details: http://petermount.com