Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?

From: <lnd(at)hnit(dot)is>
To: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: tablespaces a priority for 7.5?
Date: 2004-01-22 14:38:42
Lists: pgsql-general

> On Behalf Of Cott Lang
> It seems to me that the lack of point-in-time recovery is a
> much bigger roadblock against big users. :(

Meaning incremental (hot)-backups?
Or as protection against DROP/TRUNCATE/DELETE ALL TABLE/SCHEMA/DATABASE?

With a WAL it should be doable in some 7.x version, all ingredients are
there.

Possibly someone suceeded in doing it already? Having a baseline backup and
saved WAL logs, shouldn't it be possible to recover?

Laimis