Socket error - Could not connect to PostgreSQL server

From: "bhaskar" <bhaskar(dot)sarma(at)blr(dot)corpus(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-admin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Socket error - Could not connect to PostgreSQL server
Date: 2005-11-14 14:11:29
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,
I have installed PostgreSQL 7.4.8 in Linux machine. I have tried to connect my PostgreSql Database using a client application (SQL Server 2000 - DTS). I have done the followings:

1.Used psqlODBC for ODBC provider
2. In pg_hba.config i have added my machines IP address.
3. In postgresql.conf file changed tcpip_socket=true.

Still I am getting the error like 'Could not Connect to Server; Could not Connect to remote socket'.

Please help me!!

Thanks in Advance
Bhaskar