CASE and functions are not working

From: "Ivan Kirillov" <vanusha(at)relline(dot)ru>
To: <pgsql-sql(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: CASE and functions are not working
Date: 1998-08-19 09:56:13
Lists: pgsql-sql

Hello!

I have a several questions about PosgreSQL.
I have to find sum of all greatest values in each string in table,but cant do it because functions LEAST and int2lager is not included in Postgre and construction CASE-WHEN-THEN is not working as well.
Then i tryed to implement my own function,compiled it on C on Linux,make switch -fpic for cc, I received answer - lib is not ELF compatible.
What should i do?
Please help.

Ivan.