Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem

From: "Vincent Hikida" <vhikida(at)inreach(dot)com>
To: "scott(dot)marlowe" <scott(dot)marlowe(at)ihs(dot)com>, "Avi Schwartz" <avi(at)CFFtechnologies(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Nulls get converted to 0 problem
Date: 2003-06-04 19:26:41
Lists: pgsql-general

> FYI, "" does NOT equal NULL does not equal 0.

Interesting, I noticed that a few days ago. I noticed that in pg sql, if I
used RTRIM on a column with all blanks. the RTRIM'ed result is not null. In
Oracle I think it would be a null. That is in Oracle "" and NULL are
equivalent.

Vincent Hikida,
Member of Technical Staff - Urbana Software, Inc.
"A Personalized Learning Experience"

www.UrbanaSoft.com