backing up corrupt database

From: <terry(at)ashtonwoodshomes(dot)com>
To: "Postgres (E-mail)" <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: backing up corrupt database
Date: 2002-10-30 15:56:04
Lists: pgsql-general

My first post didn't work, so here goes again

I want to backup my database, which appears to be corrupt. The projects
table is corrupt:
bash$ pg_dump devtest2
pg_dump: Attempt to lock table "projects" failed. ERROR: cannot find
attribute
8 of relation projects

When I try to drop this corrupted table:
devtest2=# drop table projects;
ERROR: cannot find attribute 8 of relation projects

How can I manually purge this table from the system tables so that I can run
a backup and then recreate the database?

Thanks

Terry Fielder
Network Engineer
Great Gulf Homes / Ashton Woods Homes