Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Peter Eisentraut <peter_e(at)gmx(dot)net>, Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: Bruce Momjian <pgman(at)candle(dot)pha(dot)pa(dot)us>, Oliver Elphick <olly(at)lfix(dot)co(dot)uk>, <pgsql-general(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: RPM source files should be in CVS (was Re: psql -l)
Date: 2001-07-20 15:07:05
Lists: pgsql-general pgsql-hackers

On Friday 20 July 2001 10:05, Peter Eisentraut wrote:
> Tom Lane writes:
> > ISTM that it'd be a good thing if current versions of all the add-on
> > source files for both Debian and RedHat RPMs were part of our CVS tree

> If you want to take the job of keeping these up to date or the job of
> convincing all the 143 package developers out there to do that...

That would be my job to do for the RPM's, right? :-) I'm already keeping
them up -- and I know how to use CVS to do it, having commit access on a
couple of other projects.

Let me just say on thing about 'our' RPMs -- they are intended as a
semi-standard base from which OS distributors may make their own packages,
for which they are responsible. A side benefit is that people can grab the
latest hopefully-generic RPMset from us if their OS vendor isn't forthcoming
with updated packages.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio