Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.

From: Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org>
To: Tom Lane <tgl(at)sss(dot)pgh(dot)pa(dot)us>
Cc: pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org
Subject: Re: Beta 6 Regression results on Redat 7.0.
Date: 2001-03-20 22:28:08
Lists: pgsql-hackers

On Tue, 20 Mar 2001, Tom Lane wrote:
> Lamar Owen <lamar(dot)owen(at)wgcr(dot)org> writes:
> > DROP TABLE temptest;
> > + NOTICE: FlushRelationBuffers(temptest, 0): block 0 is referenced (private 0, global 1)
> > + ERROR: heap_drop_with_catalog: FlushRelationBuffers returned -2
> > SELECT * FROM temptest;

> Hoo, that's interesting ... Exactly what fileset were you using again?

When you say 'fileset', I'm assuming you are referring to the --schedule
parameter -- I am invoking the following command:
./pg_regress --schedule=parallel_schedule

7.1beta6 distribution tarball. LC_ALL=C. Compiled on RedHat 7 as shipped.

I'm rerunning to see if it is intermittent. Second run -- no error. Running a
third time......no error. Now I'm confused. What would cause such an error,
Tom? I'm going to check on my desktop, once power gets more stable (and it
quits lightning -- yes, a snowstorm with lightning :-0 I certainly got what I
wanted.....). So, more to come later.

> > Seeing that RC1 is in prep, is there a pressing need to upload and
> > release beta 6 RPM's, or will it be a day or two before RC1?

> I think you might as well wait for RC1 as far as actually making RPMs
> goes. But do you want to let anyone else check out the RPM build
> process? For instance, I've been wondering what you did about the
> which-set-of-headers-to-install issue.

Oh, ok. Spec file attached. All other files needed are the beta6 tarball and
the contents of the beta4-1 source rpm, with names changed to match the beta6
version number. There are some other changes I have to merge in --
particularly a set from Karl for the optional PL/Perl build, as well as others,
so this is a preliminary spec file.

But I was just getting the basic build done and tested.

To directly answer your question, I'm using 'make install-all-headers' and
stuffing it into the devel rpm in one piece at this time.
--
Lamar Owen
WGCR Internet Radio

Attachment Content-Type Size
postgresql-7.1beta6-0.2.spec text/english 31.2 KB