Re: question about fixes in v7.4...

From: "Glenn Wiorek" <gwiorek(at)jmlafferty(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-hackers(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: question about fixes in v7.4...
Date: 2003-11-20 14:25:46
Lists: pgsql-hackers

> > Don Sceifers wrote:
> > > My company is fairly new at Postgresql, but we have hit a problem,
where
> > > we modify a table using ALTER, and our stored procedures stop working.
We
> > > have a grasp as to why this happens, but I was wondering if this v7.4
> > > upgrade fixes this issue?

Not sure if this applies with Postgres but did you also recompile the stored
procedures? If I remember correctly Sybase and Informix (?) required store
procedured to be recompiled after DDL to tables they used, and Oracle often
invalidates any functions, views, packages and procedures if they have any
relation to the modified table.