Suggestion: include interruption method for \watch option (page 1922, PostgreSQL 11.1 Documentation)

From: <rodrigo_de_carlos(at)yahoo(dot)com>
To: <pgsql-bugs(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Suggestion: include interruption method for \watch option (page 1922, PostgreSQL 11.1 Documentation)
Date: 2019-01-24 09:04:38
Lists: pgsql-bugs

Hi

I used the \watch option in psql and couldn't stop the loop until I found
the way* using ctrl-c. I am new to programming, and perhaps using ctrl-c is
standard practice, but in a future manual perhaps you should replace the
text below 'until interrupted' with 'until interrupted (using ctrl-c)'.

Regards, Rodrigo

PostgreSQL 11.1 Documentation, page 1922:

*
https://www.depesz.com/2013/04/07/waiting-for-9-3-add-watch-sec-command-to-p
sql/

---