Access Control in PostGreSQL

From: "vijayendra mohan agrawal" <vijayendra(dot)agrawal(at)wipro(dot)com>
Subject: Access Control in PostGreSQL
Date: 2001-04-12 10:01:11
Lists: pgsql-admin

Hi,

From my UNIX login, which is a valid user for the database too, I connect to
database. I don't have permission to add, delete, view system tables till
now.

Now, if I use the command "CONNECT" as user "pgadmin", which is
administrator of the database, the connect succeeds, and now, I am able to
do anything in the system files too.

I guess this is not intentional. I might be missing something. Please help.

Thanks and Regards
Vijay