Can't access a table. It seems to have been corrupted hsomehow

From: "Robert Chalmers" <robert(at)chalmers(dot)com(dot)au>
To: "pgsql" <pgsql-sql(at)postgreSQL(dot)org>
Subject: Can't access a table. It seems to have been corrupted hsomehow
Date: 2000-04-01 08:49:33
Lists: pgsql-sql

I have a database with a group of tables in it.

One of the tables seems to have been modified somehow, and no - although I
can see it with \d I can't actually do anyting to it. Any action, like
rename, insert, drop gives a message "table doesn't exist". If I try to jsut
creat it again, it says "can't do that, it already exists!" (words to that
effect)

So - does it exist or not? How do I actually get rid of that particular
table all together without destroying the whole database?

bob