Re: jdbc supportsStoredProcedures

From: "Chris Smith" <cdsmith(at)twu(dot)net>
To: "tijgertje" <figje(at)hotmail(dot)com>
Cc: <pgsql-jdbc(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: jdbc supportsStoredProcedures
Date: 2004-02-15 17:59:57
Lists: pgsql-jdbc

tijgertje wrote:
> So after that I wrote this simple jdbc program, I tried to test if
> PostgreSQL supports stored procedures with the
> supportsStoredProcedures method in the DatabaseMetaData class, but
> the method returned false.

It's hard-coded in the driver to return false.

My guess is that this is because the driver doesn't comply with some detail of
the JDBC or SQL specifications regarding stored procedures. It's best to be
very strict about claiming support for a feature when there are work-arounds
involved for not really conforming. Obviously, stored procedures by
themselves are supported.

The comment there talks about "stored procedure calls using the stored
procedure escape syntax". Not sure what that's referring to...

--
www.designacourse.com

MindIQ Corporation