Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv

From: "Wim Kerkhoff" <wim(at)nyetwork(dot)org>
To: "'George Weaver'" <georgew1(at)mts(dot)net>, <pgsql-cygwin(at)postgresql(dot)org>
Subject: Re: Trouble with Cygrunsrv
Date: 2003-01-09 17:02:40
Lists: pgsql-cygwin

cygrunsrv --install postmaster --path /bin/postmaster --args "-l log -o
-i" --dep ipc-daemon --termsig INT --shutdown

which installed the service.

When I try and start the service, it shows the service starting but then
it stops and I get the following message:

"The postmaster service on Local Computer started and then stopped."

Can someone tell me what I've missed?

The first thing I do when the PostgreSQL server fails to start, is check
the Windows Event Log. Typically it'll show the real reason that the
server failed to start. Also, make sure that the cygipc package is
installed and that the Cygwin IPC Service is starting. Another problem
I've seen is stale .pid files in the PostgreSQL data directory.

Hope that helps...

Wim